Dr. Bernhard Heringhaus
Dipl.-Ing. Agrar (degree in agricultural engineering)
Lawyer and Partner
also licensed to practise in Bucharest/Romania
Studium a praxe
Dr. Bernhard Heringhaus has been a lawyer at Schindhelm in Osnabrück since 1993 and as a managing shareholder since 2000. He is the managing partner of the Schindhelm offices in Bucharest and Shanghai. He is also the administrative director of Schindhelm SE and in this position also responsible for the international business of the Schindhelm Group.
Between 2000 and 2004, he was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Between 1989 and 1990 he was a research assistant at the Institute for Trade and Corporate Law at the University of Osnabrück, Prof. Dr. Baums.
After successfully completing his degree at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, majoring in agriculture, and gaining the agricultural engineering qualification “Dipl.-Ing. Agrar” in 1984, Dr. Bernhard Heringhaus studied law at the University of Osnabrück from 1984 to 1989. 1989 First State Examination in Law. 1993 Second State Examination in Law. Doctorate in law, with the title “Dr. jur.”, in 1994.
Dr. Bernhard Heringhaus advises companies in Germany and abroad, in particular in connection with foreign investments. He has substantial experience in the advising of national and cross-border transactions as well as with regard to labour and contract law.
He also advises companies in the field of restructuring.
Bernhard Heringhaus regularly gives talks and publishes articles, in particular on cross-border topics.
He is a member of the Canadian German Lawyers Association, the Economic Council of the CDU, and the International Association of Jurists in Osnabrück.
- Drafting of contracts for an internationally acting car park operator.
- Legal representation of a large German food producer in commercial criminal law issues.
- Advising of a leading automotive company on corporate law regarding the market entry in China.
- Consulting and implementation of a personnel layoff measure including redundancy programme and reconciliation of interests negotiations at a leading company in the area of specialised mechanical engineering.
- Contesting of claims under product liability law in the area of a leading food producer.
- Support and advising of a major investor in recovering European subsidies.